Dear Friends -
I'm NOT A SCROOGE! I absolutely ADORE Christmas.
Just not RIGHT after Halloween!
We always tend to "skip" Thanksgiving.
There are so many things to be grateful for. Not that we can't listen to Christmas music. Music is just SUCH a powerful thing for me....it tends to take me all the way to December.
Please try to understand my feelings.
the end
Dear sweet Jessica, I totally understand where you are coming from. BUT, let me explain why I think it is never too early to play Christmas music.
ReplyDelete1. CHRISTmas is in our hearts all year. I even play Christmas music in July because it reminds me of the Savior. 2. Thanksgiving is huge for me and my family. It means getting together with relatives, is loaded traditions, and gives us a time to reflect on everything that is good in our life. For me, it comes back to Christ. I am thankful for and to Him, and everything else points to him. 3. I never skip Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is on Christmas, Easter, birthdays, Sundays, Missionary Mondays, 4th of July, well you get the picture. Thanksgiving is not a day to me....it is an attitude. (Hey I need to post this on my blog) And btw, I am THANKFUL for you every day. Love ya!