Saturday, November 6, 2010

My First Gym Experience

OOOOOK. For many of you know know me well, know that I DO NOT like the gym. I never have. Its been a little silly fear I've had for a long time. I SWORE I would never ever go. Until today.

My wonderful roommate Staci signed up for a Lazyman Ironman which basically gives her the whole month to complete an Ironman. (the whole biking, swimming, running thing...bleh) She's gone biking the last few days and came home super super oober sore.
She was complaining, bless her heart, and I told her she needs to keep it up. (Preachin to the choir, i know! That way at least one of us is getting in the physical exercise.)
I casually mentioned I would go with her one of these days.

WEEEEELL, this afternoon we are the only two home and she says..."Jess, we're going to the gym." I whined and complained for about ten minutes. Until she reminded me..."You SAID you would go with me!" I responded, OK, but only because I SAID I would.

Again, I'm slightly afraid of the gym. Perhaps its all the people i feel staring at you. Like a fish bowl. Perhaps, its the fear of the unknown. I dont know. But, i went. Staci taught me all the things to do like type in your campus login name, how to adjust machines, wipe things down when you are done, etc, etc, etc.

But I did it! I biked TWENTY ONE miles in a half an hour! 21 = 30! WOW! I feel SOO SOO SOO good and didn't realize how much i needed it. Stac - thanks for MAKING me go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment