-Spent the 2010 New Year in my little apartment and with my roommate Amie. I decided to start collecting bottle caps from every year from now on. (We heart Martinelli's)
-I started my second semester as a Freshman in the Interior Design department and also finished my Freshman year then started my Sophomore year.
-Went through one year mark with my first missionary brother. Went through the paper process and prep for second missionary brother.
-Went through another crazy and fun yet disappointing relationship.
-More time lapsed by since I didn't get to dance or choreograph.
-Grew and learned more about myself but also to appreciate missionaries more.
-Spent a summer trying my wings in my own business. (It's a lot harder than you think.)
-But in the process, found something I LOVE to do and a way to express my creativity.
-Strengthened my testimony.
-Adventured to the gym for the very first time. And learned to enjoy it.
-Visited Yellowstone again....haven't been for awhile and forgot how much I love it there.
-Learned that I LOVE anything to do with sustainability. "Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!" ALLLSO - Universal Design. MAYBE one day - I can make a difference in someone's life if I can survive school and learn all I need to learn.
-Learning more and more how to deal with anxiety. only to learn that one of my best friends deals with it too. She is such a strength to me. Mandi- I love you. I hope I can be a good mom like you one day.
-Entered my first photography contest. Results to come now that its the new year.
-I've also learned that photography could potentially become an outlet for me.
-I also started BLOGGING! :)
This year I spent ringing in the 2011 year with my good friends (why must I say friends when they really are just like family) the BASCOMS.
I marveled in how our lives have changed. We haven't had the chance to be together the last few years. 3 of the 10 kids (between the Bascom/Adamson clans) are married and have added spouses and 3 grandkids to the mix. The 4th on the way :) Devin and Kirsten are expecting their first. Korbin is getting so big. Noa and Brody are already best buddies at six months and only a few weeks apart. I'm so glad I get to say I know Jamison (Tiffany's husband) who is serving our country right now in Iraq. Tiff - You are doin a kick butt job as a mom. You and Jamie are my heros.
That's a quick glance at the past. But Pres. Hinckley used to say - "Press forward. The best lies ahead." Hopefully this year will hold some new things for me. Maybe I'll learn to become a better person.
i hope mint.com truly does help you. it's my best friend. truly. :o) i love that quote by Pres. Hinckley. Thanks for being awesome dearest!
ReplyDeleteJess. You are such a creative person!! You can really do anything in any facet of "art"!!! Keep it up girly. Someone with your talent could take over the world. :)
ReplyDelete