I'm sitting alone on a Friday night. Alone.
Wow.
Yes, I'm doing homework ....... and blogging.
BUT, I decided to take a few minutes and update the blog since several things have been going through my head. Let's discuss these few topics.
Topic #1 - USHERING. Did I mention that I am so blessed to attend such an amazing university?! I volunteer each week to be a usher at Devotionals on campus.

It is such a blessing to listen to words of prophets and the Lord's servants. I've been unable to attend for two semesters in a row now. But, to serve AT THE SAME TIME...makes such a difference. I'd forgotten how much I need service in my life. What are your favorite service opportunities?
Topic #2 - AT Devotional this last week, Pres. Clark talked about taking things "One day at a time." It's so interesting that the Lord tells us what we need to hear exactly when we need to hear it.
Topic #3 - Switch gears. Let's picture: All four roommates. Jessica, (slightly grumpy after a HORRIBLE, No Good, Very Bad Day of frustrating homework and classes, rude people at work and not feeling 100%) Amie, Angel and Staci! We're being silly (sort of a 'let down' after all the uptight feelings) on our way to deliver cookies to friends. There happens to be a mountain of snow inside the car wash that all these friends live by and you guessed it....

THIS WAS ME! I now have an ENORMOUS goose egg type blue and black WOUND below my left cheek! We laughed. (I laughed AND cried at the same time) Staci almost wet herself. I actually was really lucky not to break my tail bone. It's ironic that I NEED ice to heal an injury I sustained FROM ice. Any of you had any funny 'falling on ice' moments lately you'd like to share?!
Topic #4 - Switching gears is fun. But I guess it's related. [Earlier in the day.]
Due to THIS:

I was emotionally drained. I was not even the person taking the crap on the other end. My manager Stephanie was. (And, she did a fantastic job!) But, there was so much tention. We talked about Pres. Monson. He recently talked about kindness and we determined that yes, you can NEVER be too kind. This caused me to take a second look at how I treat other people around me. Any kindness moments we'd like to share?! Or how someone being kind to you has blessed you?!
Ok - enough regurgitation from me. Let's hear from all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment