Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wow! What a Weekend!

Birthday celebration{24. I mean ~ twen.ty. four. here. folks!}, Visit from Mom, Spiritual Feast from Conference talks?! What more could a girl ask for?!

Mom got here on Thursday night. We grabbed the Wendy's food, messing up the drive thru and invited Staci {Taylor} to join us at the hotel. It was so nice, and I mean REALLY nice to have so much QUIETNESS to study and do finals.
We got up Friday morning to Continental Breakfast. {It was vacation in Rexburg - who woulda THOUGHT?!} Then to drop Staci off at home and Mom spent the afternoon following me around campus and all over Rexburg getting supplies to finish my Lighting Final {I made a binder.} She cut, glued, copied, hugged and met so many good people in the ID Department - including Sis. Harris and Bro. McRae. My good friend Colleen Richards spoiled me with chocolates, pink yummy smelling roses, and a singing Cinderella bday card {does she know me or WHAT?!} Mom and I grabbed Costa Vida - during which my friend Jason came to visit at the hotel lobby bringing CHEESECAKE and TANGLED. Great way to end the day. {Mom and I were up until 2 AM watching it!}
Saturday meant Conference. Continental breakfast #2 and a nice big comfy hotel bed to be spiritually fed. I typed like craaaaazy. Second Session we invited Amie {Evert} to join us and I typed some more. Next came OLIVE GARDEN! I was pleasantly filled with soup, salad and bread sticks. Nothing ever tasted so good as a combination of Minestrone soup, garlic bread sticks and og house dressing. YES PLEASE! After dropping Amie off at home, Mom and I donned the swim suits for some much needed hot tub time. A hot bath rinse off afterward made me VEEERY sleepy {due to full and happy stomach PLUS being warm.} The next adventure was 'Hello Dolly'. I'm a fan of Barbra Streisand. Didn't think I would be. It's probably the first time I've ever watched a musical and NOT been impressed. My attention span became very short. I began making fun of a few things and Mom and I were rolling. ROTFL. Next came Sabrina, the remake....yep! gotta fit some Harrison Ford in there somewhere. I fell asleep to Mama playing with my hair. happy girl :)
Sunday AM, I got a little depressed knowing Mom had to go home. We got up in order to get breakfast before the masses. Watched AM session until it was time to check out. Mom drove me to my apartment where we packed a few things for her to take home for me. I fed her cheesecake, got her settled in the car and off she went. Sunday PM session I spent alone, again, in the quiet...very nice. Watching Tangled again afterward.
Now, do you understand why I say...WOW?!

No comments:

Post a Comment